Please Note: This Poll is now closed.
Related Post: What’s stopping you from joining active politics?
See an interesting comparison of responses between 2008 and 2012 below:
Further Update: Some interesting “Comments” which were part of “Other” reasons:
- Introvert but willing to do background and research jobs
- I have to learn a lot before I start doing things for others.
- Political parties dont display drafts-the’l bring,if elected. So unreliable .
- stage fear
- Too much uncertainity thanks to lack of clarity across board
- Don’t know where to start.
- Lack of a level playing field (FPTP system is insanely harsh on new entrants)
- Prefer a field where coworkers and opponents are not criminals
- in a job where making a difference is possible
- Never thought of Politics as an occupation
- I fear for my family safety.
- Not my Swadharma
- A kind of self consciousness, Ghabrahat. (Read Asian drama by Gunnar myrdal)
- Too much of a responsibility
- Live outside india…can’t deal with India’s bad infrastructure and bureaucracy